After School Program
Beyond fitness offers a unique 8-week fitness program for students grades 7 to 12. The program focuses on the foundations of fitness using simple yet effective workouts to get students up and active. By providing an after school fitness program for students, they are spending less time inactive and more time moving, learning and growing. The government of Canada recommends 60 minutes of daily physical activity, which students will be fulfilling while participating. The fitness program targets the 4 primary components of fitness (cardiorespiratory capacity, muscular capacity, flexibility and body composition) and allows students to actively participate while developing physical knowledge that they can carry and apply throughout a lifetime. Youth that are exposed to living a healthy active lifestyle are more likely to continue doing so in their future.
Aims of the Program
- Develop the knowledge required to live a healthy and active lifestyle, which students will be able to apply moving forward
- Understand the benefits of a healthy active lifestyle
- Develop cardiovascular strength
- Develop muscular strength
- Develop and improve flexibility
- Goal setting: Long and short-term
- Short term: During the 8 week session
- Long term: Continuing on after the program, in their daily lives
School Fitness Classes
Beyond Fitness also offers individual sessions of fitness classes within public and private schools for students K-12. Classes vary depending on what teachers/students want to focus on however 60 minute HIIT (high-intensity interval training) classes are always recommended. Guaranteeing to leave all students sweaty, we encourage students to push towards their maximal effort while properly executing movements. Fitness classes can take place during school hours, lunch time or after school. Yoga classes are also available. For all inquiries for prices and availability please see 'contact'.